If you've landed on this page then I know that there's a good chance you already have some idea that mould can be problematic. But I'm also aware it can be hard to know where to get good information to make safe and effective decisions when it comes to preventing and treating mould issues.
Which is why I'm so glad you're here!
The amount of information on the internet when it comes to preventing and treating mould (and illnesses that mould can trigger) is enormous, and whilst much of it is very well intentioned - the bulk of it is poor, and often dangerous, advice.
That being said, the principles of mould prevention are actually very simple - and with some simple changes at home you can radically reduce your chance of ending up with a mould problem!
And i'm here to help with that.
Hi, I'm Amie
I'm a functional medicine practitioner, author, formulator and presenter - and I've been in clinical practice for over 20 years.
Up until 2017 my main focus was all things 'lady business':
- healthy hormones
- optimising fertility
- having a healthy baby, pregnancy and delivery
- creating clear and glowing skin
But *that* year my health, which had previously been fantastic, took a deep dive into the toilet.
All the organic food, practitioner-grade supplements, healthy lifestyle practices and every other tool in my naturopathic toolkit was no match from the environmental poisoning I copped (mould, in case you hadn't guessed already).
It all started with a leak
Unbeknownst to me, the shower in my recently renovated bathroom was leaking water every time it was used... and over 5 months I went from fit, healthy and functional to almost entirely incapacitated in every way.
I put on weight, I couldn't breathe properly, my skin dried out and cracked, I had crazy allergy symptoms, felt half drunk half hungover 24 hours a day, couldn't eat, couldn't exercise, couldn't focus, and lost my memory to the point where I forgot where I was sometimes - and didn't even know my own name.
It was a rude shock - but opened my eyes to a whole host of environmental factors that can cause ill health.
And it's now my personal mission to ensure this doesn't happen to anyone else.I NEED THIS
I want to show you how simple it is to avoid mould - as well as what to do if you already have a mould problem
I'm going to teach you...
- exactly how to prevent mould in your home
- the correct way to manage a mould outbreak
- what health effects mould can have
- what to look out for in a future home inspection
And I’ve created this course so you can find the solution you're looking for quickly and easily.
Are you ready to learn exactly what to do (and what *not* to do) when it comes to the prevention and treatment of mould in your home?
Mould-Proof Your Home is everything you need to:
- prevent your home from becoming mouldy
- understand how to safely and effectively manage a mould outbreak
- learn how mould and moisture assessments are done
- know exactly what to do if you have a leak
how to prevent mould in your home
Preventing mould in your home is actually quite straightforward, all you need are a couple of tools and a little know-how.
In this module you'll learn:
- The five different pieces of equipment you need to monitor and maintain your mould-free home.
- The unique challenges and solutions for mould-prone areas of your home.
- Exactly what to do if water intrusion happens at your house.
professional support for home and health
In the event of an existing mould problem, whether or not your health is being impacted, here's what to expect and where to find help.
In this module you'll learn:
- Who to call to assess your property *properly*, from a health perspective - and provide a scope of works.
- What to look for (and what to avoid) when engaging a remediator.
- How to find a mould-literate clinician that understands this unique environmental health hazard.
the effects of mould exposure
When it comes to health, there are four different ways that mould can make you sick. In this module you'll:
- Learn the difference between allergies, infections, mycotoxicosis and CIRS.
- Become aware of the secondary health effects that can occur as a result of mould exposure i.e. multiple chemical sensitivity.
- Access medical literature outlining these connections if you need it for your medical care.
inspecting a property for water damage
Whether you're looking to rent a property, or purchase one, this training module will highlight:
- What research can be done on the property before you even visit.
- What to look for inside (and *where* to look) for telltale signs of water damage.
- The checklist and tools I recommend you take to every inspection.
In addition to those core fundamentals I've created some extra bonuses to support you on your mould-free journey
let's dive into your bonuses
3-month membership to my online community
Welcome inside my private online forum where you have access to monthly live Q+A sessions with me, and much more. Inside the membership you'll have the opportunity to ask for support on the course forum and/or live Q+A sessions.
Discount codes on equipment
Don't pay full price on a dehumidifier or air purifier - I share what to look for when purchasing and offer discount codes where they're available.
Extensive resource library
Inside I've collated presentations, podcast interviews and a mountain of scientific literature to support you in whatever you may need. This may be particularly helpful when dealing with medical professionals or in a tribunal case.
now, let's get your home healthy
CHOOSE YOUR PAYMENT OPTION
is this course a good fit for you?
Is MouldProof Your Home the right place for you to learn about all things mould?
Let’s find out.
MOULDPROOF YOUR HOME IS A GREAT FIT FOR YOU:
- if you care about your health, and totally recognise that prevention is much better than a cure
- if you know your health is your personal responsibility - and you're proactive about caring for yourself
- if you love feeling bright, happy and energetic (and pride yourself on taking measures to feel vibrant and well)
There has never been a better time to have a healthier home - and the sooner you get started, the better your health will be
Am I going to be able to understand all this, it's so foreign?
Is learning this going to give me anxiety??
Is it going to take a lot of effort to implement the preventative measures?
Is it going to cost me a lot of money to fix my mould problem?
What do I get inside the course, and how/when is it delivered?
How long do I get access to the course material?
What if I start this course and decide it's not for me?
Can I just skip the course and you just tell me what to do?
What if I want an onsite assessment of my home?
shall we do it?
CHOOSE YOUR PAYMENT OPTION
© 2022 ELYSIUM HEALTH + WELLNESS EDUCATION